Please upgrade your browser.
Main Street Basics Workshop
- $70.00 - Non-Member Regular Registration
- $30.00 - Network Member Community Registration
- $10.00 - Designated Main Street Community Registration
Are you looking for ideas and strategies to help revitalize your downtown? Do you operate a business or own a building located downtown? Are you looking to engage communities in your downtown and incorporate more diversity on your board? If so, register for the Main Street Basics Workshop happening on Thursday, April 18th, in beautiful downtown Willmar, MN! Whether you're new to Main Street or a seasoned veteran, the Main Street Basics Workshop provides the fundamentals on a proven model used to reinvigorate traditional business districts across the country. This Main Street Basics Workshop highlights how to tackle pressing issues facing Main Street communities, with a particular emphasis on community engagement and diversity and inclusion.
The Main Street Approach: How do you build partnerships and get everyone on the same page when it comes to revitalizing your downtown? How do you know if what you are doing is working? Sarina Otaibi, Minnesota Main Street Coordinator, will present about the Main Street program, and how to apply the Main Street Four-Point Approach® and its principles to downtown revitalization in your community.
Community Engagement and Diversity & Inclusion: How can you creatively engage people about planning for changes, growth, and opportunities in your community? How do you reach people who have traditionally been left out of the process of discussing downtown’s future—or who don’t feel comfortable participating? Michael Tolan, Community Engagement Coordinator at the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota, will consider a variety of approaches to engage communities about downtown revitalization.
Panel Discussion: Local Willmar community members will discuss the strategies they’ve taken to embrace and celebrate their diversity. This panel will highlight the methods, perspectives, and experiences that have shaped Willmar Main Street’s successful approach to ensuring that all feel welcome and have opportunities to participate.
- J. Pablo Obregón, Community Engagement Officer, Southwest Initiative Foundation
- Wendy Foley, Health Improvement Project Manager Sr., Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Nagi Abdullahi, Community Health Worker, Center for Community Health Improvement
- Sarah Swedburg, City Planner and Willmar Main Street Director, City of Willmar
Who should attend?
- Main Street Downtown revitalization board members, volunteers and staff
- Revitalization committee members
- City officials
- Downtown developers, property owners, and business owners
- Economic development professionals
- Chambers of Commerce staff and volunteers
Questions? Contact Sarina Otaibi by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (320) 262-9514.
Ticket transfer policy: If you are unable to attend a workshop but would like to transfer your registration, email Alyssa Stormes at email@example.com with your name and contact information (email address and phone number), as well as the contact information of the person that will be taking your spot in the workshop. We will update our attendance list accordingly.
Refund policy: Please email Alyssa Stormes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a refund on your registration. PAM will arrange to refund the cost of the registration. Refunds are only provided up to seven days prior to the workshop.
|Powered by NeonCRM|